- 12 October 2010
- The Canvas Schoolhouse
Their school destroyed in the June pogroms, hundreds of Uzbek children in southern Kyrgyzstan will study in tents this fall.
- By Bakyt Ibraimov and Talant Sadykov
- 8 October 2010
- Kyrgyz Democracy’s Narrowing Window of Opportunity
- On 10 October Kyrgyzstan will elect a new parliament on a new constitutional basis. There may not be many more opportunities for the country to pull out of the cycle of violent regime change.
- By Bakyt Beshimov
- 6 October 2010
- Political Instability Means Never Having to Say You’re Sorry
An amnesty offer for financial miscreants in Kyrgyzstan gets almost no takers. From EurasiaNet.
- By Deirdre Tynan
- 1 October 2010
- Tajikistan’s Cryptic Violence
Gunfire in a former opposition stronghold, and flimsy explanations from the government, have led to another round of tea-leaf reading.
- By TOL
- 29 September 2010
- ‘Please Remember That You Live in Kyrgyzstan’
A Kyrgyz party leader says if elected on 10 October he will strengthen ties with Russia and insist that all ethnic groups respect the majority’s traditions, language, and history.
- By BBC Monitoring
© Transitions Online 2019. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.