Central Europe & Baltics
- 9 July 2010
- A Dose of Common Sense in the Center
All may not be well in Central Europe, but the prospects for change and reform look a lot better than they did just a few months ago.
- By TOL
- 7 July 2010
- The Transformation of A Radical
- Poland’s new president was once a brave oppositionist. Now he’s known as one of the country’s most cautious politicians.
- By BBC Monitoring
- 29 June 2010
- Economic Steroids
Foreign banks’ role in helping to bulk up growth in Central and Eastern Europe comes under the microscope.
- By Robert Anderson
- 28 June 2010
- Voice of the People’s Representatives
Hungary’s new government has launched what it calls a much-needed media fix. Critics call it a hostile takeover.
- By Marius Dragomir
- 23 June 2010
- The Choice Facing Iveta and Petr
The Slovaks and the Czechs each face their biggest test of will since joining the EU.
- By Katerina Safarikova
© Transitions Online 2019. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.