Support independent journalism in Central & Eastern Europe.
Donate to TOL!
Empowering senior citizens in the Czech Republic through media literacy Donor: The U.S. Embassy in Prague
Overall objective: To enhance media literacy skills of senior citizens in the Czech Republic and bridge the digital generation divide.
Partner Institutions: Elpida (feedback)
● Assessment of media literacy levels among seniors and identification of local facilities and community groups that can participate in network building and event participation
● Local workshops and events for senior citizens that introduce the basics of “dealing with disinformation”
● Disinformation event series held in local facilities such as senior centers and libraries around the Czech Republic featuring training workshops and panel debates
● Trainings and workshops focused on methodology upgrades and community integration strategies for educators, librarians, and social workers who interact with seniors
● Mobilization of journalists to support senior citizen involvement and encourage community participation (as guest speakers, event attendance, etc.)
● Development of online and print resources for senior citizens and educators
● Educational tours of newsrooms for seniors followed by themed cultural programs related to the project topics
● Two-day wrap up event held for the purpose of exchanging findings and results from across the region and to brainstorm future activities and events