Support independent journalism in Central & Eastern Europe.
Donate to TOL!
Boosting professionalism of online journalism in Georgia in order to contribute to a more free and independent press. Donor: Transition Promotion Program of the Czech Foreign Ministry
Overall Objective: The overall aim of this project is to boost professionalism of online journalism in Georgia in order to contribute to a more free and independent press.
Partners: Georgian Institute of Public Affairs
● Skills building and exchange opportunities for independent journalists through trainings, fellowship opportunities, and solutions journalism workshops.
● Organization of a Hackathon to promote collaboration between open data and IT sector with journalists to improve media literacy
● Establishment of a data verification school and implementation of disinformation media monitoring in universities and media outlets
● Creation of a content localisation information verification and open data intelligence process for use in university curricula and workshops on its utilization
● Media monitoring, open source investigation, and information verification trainings for journalism students
● Incorporation of disinformation and fake news countering lessons into high schools through in-person teacher and student workshops as well as educator trainings on content localisation