Director of business development
Transitions (TOL), a Prague-based publishing and training organization, is looking to hire a director of business development.
The main task of the business development director is to grow and further develop our portfolio as well as secure the functionality of the business. We are looking for an individual who is interested in media and is strong in sales, business strategy, and development. You will be the company’s second-in-command and you will report directly to the Executive Director. We are not looking for candidates who simply expect job security and a guaranteed income regardless of results.
The further responsibilities will be:
● Developing the organization’s commercial strategy
● Providing market competitive analysis
● Formulating and proposing plans for business development as part of the planning process in order to achieve targets based on annual income and othercriteria
● Designing and implementing business operations
● Overseeing operations of the business units
● Leading employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
● Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
● Evaluating performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
● Participating in expansion activities
● Managing relationships with partners/vendors.
● Proven experience in business development (minimum four years required)
● Ability to analyze and understand the market, seek opportunities, propose new strategies
● Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, experience with leading and developing a team
● Experience with online marketing
● Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
● Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
● Experience in fundraising will be a plus
● Excellent English-language skills (Czech-language skills not required), as well as interpersonal and public speaking skills
● Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
Interested applicants should send a CV (including references) and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transitions (TOL) is a well-respected nonprofit organization established in 1999 to strengthen the professionalism, independence and impact of the news media in the post-communist countries of Europe and the former Soviet Union. We do this through a combination of journalism and media training programs, and the publication of Transitions Online magazine. Our hybrid business model includes income from subscriptions and tuition payments, as well as grants from local and foreign private foundations and public entities, including the Czech Foreign Ministry, the European Union, Google, and others.