- 22 July 2019
- Tough Transition in Turkey
- A transman has been thrown out of female student accommodation, highlighting the barriers to transitioning in an often conservative society.
- By Zeynepgul Alp
- 16 July 2019
- The Customized Approach to Suicide Prevention
- The Czech Republic is experimenting with neighborhood centers where those in recovery after a major psychiatric episode can start rebuilding their lives.
- By Aktualne.cz
- 8 July 2019
- Czech Feminism in the Age of #MeToo
- What does a feminist look like in the Czech Republic? Jana Smiggels Kavkova explains.
- By Eliza Siegel
- 2 July 2019
- Built on Unknown Bones: Stalinism and Mass Repressions in Belarus
Lack of knowledge about the massacres at Kurapaty leave modern Belarus on shaky foundations.
- By David R. Marples
- 26 June 2019
- Foreign Ideology: Poland Populists Target LGBT Rights
Poland’s governing Law and Justice party used to get political mileage out of vilifying refugees. Now it has its sights on the LGBT community. From Reporting Democracy.
- By Claudia Ciobanu
- 18 June 2019
- A Long, Slow Pour
- The ongoing Czech beer week in London is part of a long-brewed plan, taking beermaking from a medieval craft to a quality niche export sector.
- By Victoria Roberts
© Transitions Online 2019. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.