- 10 November 2015
- Romanian President Rejects Moldova Loan
- Chisinau left almost bereft of potential aid donors.
- 10 November 2015
- Moldovan Justice: Fast and Furious
- Politics make for strange bedfellows, but politicians of all stripes see one man, Vlad Plahotniuc, a billionaire ‘gray eminence’, as having orchestrated their arrests or prolonged detentions.
- By Marina Shupac
- 5 November 2015
- Moldova: Virtual Sex, Real Crime?
If the Moldovan women erotic webchat operators are providing virtual ‘sexual services,’ then under the law, their bosses could be considered ‘pimps.’
- By Nicolae Cuschevici, Marian Dorofeeva, and Daniela Timofti
- 30 October 2015
- Moldova Faces Long, Hot Winter After Government Falls
Shadow of massive bank fraud hangs over the country’s liberal parties.
- 29 October 2015
- Politician’s Arrest, Release Spotlight Moldova’s Split Personality
Pro-Russian party leader claims to have tapes incriminating leading politicians in misdeeds.
- 27 October 2015
- Investigation: Desheli’s Business Practices Exposed
- How the cosmetics firm in Moldova has been drawing people, unwittingly, into the clutches of loan companies.
- By Iurie Sanduța, Mariana Jacot, and Raisa Razmerita
- 22 October 2015
- Investigation: The Hidden Assets of Moldova’s Gun Shop Bosses
- How some top managers are ignoring the law and keeping their businesses and property out of public view.
- By Nicu Calcea and Veaceslav Aftene
Protest moldova 100
- 21 October 2015
- Moldova: The Billion Dollar Question
On the brink of bankruptcy due to corruption Moldova, like neighboring Ukraine before it, is at risk of imploding.
- By Corneliu Rusnac
- 16 October 2015
- Moldova’s Ex-PM Held Over $1bn Fraud
Vlad Filat was arrested in parliament after having his immunity lifted.
- 5 October 2015
- Moldovans Protest, Threaten Nationwide Strikes
The NGO at head of massive protests over a $1 billion bank fraud threatens ‘civil disobedience.’
© Transitions Online 2016. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.