- 15 January 2016
- Moldovan President Tries Again to Name a Premier
One candidate for prime minister rejected by parliament, another by the president in last month.
- 22 December 2015
- Moldova Communists Quit Party, Form Pro-EU Group
- President names ex-premier Ion Sturza to form new government, as exit of 14 Communist deputies bolsters pro-EU side.
- 27 November 2015
- Moldovan Police: Paramilitary Band Planned Uprising
Group allegedly aimed to set up a breakaway territory like those in eastern Ukraine.
- 20 November 2015
- Moldova: Water – Source of Corruption?
Moldova’s environmental fund give grants without much oversight; one to the village of Gura Cainarului may land its mayor and local business in hot water.
- By Marcela Zamosteanu, and Dorin Galben
- 10 November 2015
- Romanian President Rejects Moldova Loan
- Chisinau left almost bereft of potential aid donors.
- 10 November 2015
- Moldovan Justice: Fast and Furious
- Politics make for strange bedfellows, but politicians of all stripes see one man, Vlad Plahotniuc, a billionaire ‘gray eminence’, as having orchestrated their arrests or prolonged detentions.
- By Marina Shupac
- 5 November 2015
- Moldova: Virtual Sex, Real Crime?
If the Moldovan women erotic webchat operators are providing virtual ‘sexual services,’ then under the law, their bosses could be considered ‘pimps.’
- By Nicolae Cuschevici, Marian Dorofeeva, and Daniela Timofti
- 30 October 2015
- Moldova Faces Long, Hot Winter After Government Falls
Shadow of massive bank fraud hangs over the country’s liberal parties.
- 29 October 2015
- Politician’s Arrest, Release Spotlight Moldova’s Split Personality
Pro-Russian party leader claims to have tapes incriminating leading politicians in misdeeds.
- 27 October 2015
- Investigation: Desheli’s Business Practices Exposed
- How the cosmetics firm in Moldova has been drawing people, unwittingly, into the clutches of loan companies.
- By Iurie Sanduța, Mariana Jacot, and Raisa Razmerita
© Transitions Online 2016. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.