- 21 July 2014
- Dutch Investigators in Ukraine for Crash Probe, Russia Shuts Out Moldovan Fruit
Plus, Czech gangsters get life in a kidnap/murder plot and a Montenegrin mayor gets five years for corruption.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Mane Grigoryan, and Madeleine Stern
- 4 July 2014
- Military Shakeup in Ukraine, Transdniester and Moscow Ink Trade Deal
Plus, a Serbian journalist is brutally beaten, and a European court slams Russia for violating human rights.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Mane Grigoryan, and Madeleine Stern
- 24 June 2014
- Dorotcaia, Caught Between East and West
Villagers on Moldova’s Russia-EU fault line live divided lives.
- By Lina Vdovii
- 14 May 2014
- Ukraine Set for Visa-Free EU Travel, Albania Busts Trafficking Ring
Plus, Poland may speed up deployment of missile defense system, and Zagreb’s feud with Hungarian energy giant MOL deepens.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, Ky Krauthamer, and Lily Sieradzki
- 12 May 2014
- Russian Largesse Wins Belarusian Loyalty, Russian Threats Provoke Moldovan Ire
Plus, Kyrgyzstan leads the region in maternal deaths and Armenia’s civil society protests Russian envoy’s remarks.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Jeremy Druker, and Lily Sieradzki
- 4 April 2014
- Armenian Government Collapses, Ukrainian Oligarch Faces Bribery Charges
Plus, Moldova wins EU visa-free travel and Bulgaria’s EU funding comes under a cloud.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Barbara Frye
- 1 April 2014
- Russia, U.S. Face Off Over Transdniester, Polish Disabled Activists in Parliament Protest
Plus, plans for a resort on a pristine Black Sea beach divide Bulgarian public opinion, and Abkhazia opens its doors to ethnic kin fleeing the Syrian crisis.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, Marketa Horazna, and Ky Krauthamer
- 26 March 2014
- Transdniester Says It Felled Ukrainian Drone, Top Croatia Soccer Figure Sentenced for Corruption
Plus, Minsk sees its largest opposition rally since 2011 and Bulgarian tobacco farmers fume over low prices.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Barbara Frye, Piers Lawson, and Lily Sieradzki
- 20 March 2014
- Ukrainian Military Withdraws From Crimea, Svoboda Members Rough Up TV Boss
Plus, Romania pushes for a Moldova EU membership date and Georgia’s former prime minister tells off the man he groomed for the presidency.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Sarah Fluck, and Karlo Marinovic
- 13 March 2014
- Seeing Red Again in Chisinau
A pro-Europe government’s missteps pave the way for a Communist return to power in Moldova.
- By Zarina Alimbaeva
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.