- 26 January 2016
- Canada-Raised Exec Turned Premier Pledges to Jumpstart Croatian Economy
Tihomir Oreskovic’s first hurdle – apart from the language barrier – will be shepherding the budget through parliament.
- 13 January 2016
- Vucic Cautions Zagreb Against Balkans Arms Race
‘I do not know why anyone in our region would have ballistic missiles,’ Serbian leader says.
- 11 December 2015
- Croatia Improperly Processing Migrants, EU Says
Brussels takes legal action against Croatia for not registering migrants, Hungary in cross-hairs over asylum laws.
- 27 November 2015
- Croatian Parties Fail To Agree On New Premier
- Newcomer party could play kingmaker role when consultations resume.
- 23 November 2015
- Balkan Migration Policies Under Fire
- Amnesty and three UN agencies blast new measures in Croatia, Macedonia and Serbia aimed at restricting refugees.
- 19 November 2015
- Balkan States Restricting Passage to Migrants from War-Torn Countries
- Only migrants from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan are being allowed passage through several Balkan states, media reports say.
- 9 November 2015
- Croatia’s Opposition Claims Victory
- Conservatives take narrow lead in contest with economy, migrants main issues; Most alliance emerges as kingmaker.
- 6 November 2015
- No Clear Favorite Ahead of Croatian Elections
- Migration and the economy are dominating the campaigns of the governing center-left coalition and opposition HDZ party.
- 4 November 2015
- Serbia, Croatia Launch Migrant Trains
The trains, a rare sign of cooperation between former enemies, allow migrants to skip prolonged waits at border crossings.
- 20 October 2015
- Migrants Set Sights on Slovenia
- Relations between former Yugoslav countries are being tested by the migrant crisis.
© Transitions Online 2016. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.