Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 11 September 2014
- Estonia Hires Pussy Riot Lawyers for Abducted Agent; OSCE Blasts Uzbekistan Law on Bloggers
Plus, Gazprom reportedly cuts exports to Poland, and two Bosnian ministers are nabbed in a tax raid.
- By Timothy Spence
- 5 September 2014
- Ceasefire in Ukraine as NATO Ups Pressure on Russia
Plus, Bosnia rounds up suspected jihadists and Poland’s ruling party vets adepts to be the next premier.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
- 2 September 2014
- NATO Looks Russia in the Eye, School Year Off to Rocky Start in Balkans
Plus, Russia aims for software independence within seven years, and two top Macedonian politicos take their feud into court.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu and Anders Ryehauge
- 1 September 2014
- Donald Tusk Tapped to Head EU Leaders’ Council, Confusion Over Putin’s Use of the S-word
Plus, Croatia warns ex-Yugoslav neighbors to cooperate on wartime disappeared and Skopje’s retro makeover rolls on, whatever the cost.
- By Piers Lawson, Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu and Anders Ryehauge
- 25 August 2014
- Lithuanian Envoy Killed in Ukraine, Abkhazia Elects a Hawk
- Plus, Kosovo could be headed for yet another election,and Bosnia keeps its fingers crossed for a big oil find.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
- 19 August 2014
- Sputtering Truce Talks in Ukraine, Paramilitary Drills at Kids’ Church Camp in Serbia
Plus, Bosnian archivists struggle to save precious documents after the February violence and Russia's oil tsar defends his reputation.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, and Anders Ryehauge
- 8 August 2014
- More Floods in the Balkans, Tension in Transdniester
Plus, Azerbaijan hauls in more activists and Russia nixes anonymous public Wi-Fi.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Barbara Frye
- 28 July 2014
- Russia Hit With Massive Yukos Judgment, Georgia Charges Saakashvili With Abusing Office
Plus, a Macedonian archeologist is jailed in smuggling case and a Bosnian leader decries flood donors’ mistrust.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Mane Grigoryan
- 25 July 2014
- Bosnia’s Great Wars
An important new study changes the way we look at Yugoslavia’s military triumphs and disasters.
- By Neven Andjelic
- 24 July 2014
- Lost in the Flood
Shoddy, illegal settlements and more frequent weather catastrophes make the Balkans’ Roma communities increasingly perilous places.
- By Mariana Ionova
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.