- 10 April 2014
- EU Prods Kosovo on War Crimes Court, Kazakhstan Looks for New Oil Routes
- Plus, the U.S. and Poland target Hewlett-Packard in a graft probe and Belarus, Russia, and Kazakhstan prep to sign trade tready amid disagreements.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Marketa Horazna, and Annabel Lau
- 9 April 2014
- Vucic Invites Hungarians Into Serbian Government, Chechen Warlord 'Neutralized'
- Plus, the Czech Catholic Church tries to hold on to its restitution gains and Albanian police seize tons of cannabis.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Jeremy Druker, Barbara Frye, and Ky Krauthamer
- 3 April 2014
- Ukraine Detains Ex-Riot Police in Protest Shootings, Russia Nullifies Kyiv’s Gas Discount
Also, eastern EU states still have the most dangerous roads, and export obstacles are keeping fish in Estonia.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, Marketa Horazna, Annabel Lau, and Erin Murphy
- 31 March 2014
- Ukraine’s Presidential Favorite Rejects Federalization; Would Russia Annex Finland?
Plus, a tycoon-philanthropist will be Slovakia’s next president and Kyrgyzstan adopts a harsh anti-gay law.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Annabel Lau, Karlo Marinovic, and Lily Sieradzki
- 27 March 2014
- Albania Arrests Suspected Jihadist Recruiters, Crimean Soccer Teams Switch Allegiance
Plus, a long-lost treasure returns to Hungary, and the long, strange life of Central European anti-Semitism.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Marketa Horazna, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 24 March 2014
- Crimean Tatars Seek Asylum, Lithuania Slaps Russian Broadcaster
- Plus, Bosnian Muslims say Serbs are erasing genocide history, and the U.S. prods Montenegro on a stalled corruption probe.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Karlo Marinovic, and Lily Sieradzki
- 28 February 2014
- Mass Layoffs at Albanian State News Agency, Macedonian Heritage Official Accused of Plunder
Plus, Moldova inches closer to visa-free travel, and a wanted ex-Georgian official walks free in France.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Sarah Fluck, and Karlo Marinovic
- 12 February 2014
- Bosnians Demand Government's Head, Serb ‘Jackals’ Convicted
Plus, Kazakhstan's currency plunges and Albania gives its beleaguered wildlife a break.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Sarah Fluck, and Lily Sieradzki
- 10 February 2014
- Croatia to Tax the Church, Protests Oust Kosovo Academic
Plus, a Russian nationalist faces charges for a gay-abuse video and Tajikistan’s clerics preach anti-gay sermons.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Barbara Frye, Aliona Kachkan, and Karlo Marinovic
- 29 January 2014
- Lithuanian Pork Banned in Swine Fever Worries, Russia Warns Against Bitcoins
Plus, a Russian billionaire unloads his assets to concentrate on politics, and Mongolian eco-activists face 21 years in prison.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Karlo Marinovic, and Aliona Kachkan
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.