- 10 April 2014
- EU Prods Kosovo on War Crimes Court, Kazakhstan Looks for New Oil Routes
- Plus, the U.S. and Poland target Hewlett-Packard in a graft probe and Belarus, Russia, and Kazakhstan prep to sign trade tready amid disagreements.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Marketa Horazna, and Annabel Lau
- 26 March 2014
- Transdniester Says It Felled Ukrainian Drone, Top Croatia Soccer Figure Sentenced for Corruption
Plus, Minsk sees its largest opposition rally since 2011 and Bulgarian tobacco farmers fume over low prices.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Barbara Frye, Piers Lawson, and Lily Sieradzki
- 14 February 2014
- Russia Restricts Foreign Adoptions, Russian Neighbors Mull Devaluations
Plus, Poland fires its roads czar amid a row over EU contracts and Moldovans reach for the holy grail of visa-free European travel.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Karlo Marinovic, Sarah Fluck, and Aliona Kachkan
- 6 February 2014
- Teething Pains in Sochi, A Costly Mining Dispute in Kyrgyzstan
Plus, foreign investors lose their taste for Mongolia and Brussels loses patience with Kyiv.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, and Aliona Kachkan
- 4 February 2014
- Stark Warnings in EU Corruption Survey, Bulgarian President Backs Compulsory Voting
Plus, a controversial Russian lawmaker stands up to the ‘fascist’ threat to Kosovo Serbs, and a sci-fi thriller begins shooting in Minsk under official auspices.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Aliona Kachkan, and Ky Krauthamer
- 3 February 2014
- Pro-Ukraine Protesters in Jail in Uzbekistan, Russia Kills Dogs Ahead of Olympics
Plus, a Moldovan region opens the door to secession and a Kosovo Serb held on war-crimes charges will run for office.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, and Aliona Kachkan
- 29 January 2014
- Lithuanian Pork Banned in Swine Fever Worries, Russia Warns Against Bitcoins
Plus, a Russian billionaire unloads his assets to concentrate on politics, and Mongolian eco-activists face 21 years in prison.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Karlo Marinovic, and Aliona Kachkan
- 20 January 2014
- Journalists Possibly Targeted in Kyiv, No More Free Gas in Turkmenistan
Plus, Lukashenka calls for a building cap in Minsk and Serbia kicks off EU entry talks.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Karlo Marinovic, and Aliona Kachkan
- 14 January 2014
- U.S. Journalist Barred from Russia, Troops Clash on Kyrgyz-Tajik Border
Plus, a high-profile defection weakens Bulgaria’s ruling Socialists and a Minsk musical celebrates Hugo Chavez.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 20 December 2013
- Best of TOL for 2013
- Our favorite stories of the year.
- By TOL
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.