- 13 August 2015
- Russian Supermodel in Row Over Disabled Sister’s Ouster, Turkmenistan Bars Horse Expert From Leaving
- Plus, Belarus censors distance-learning packet sent to political prisoner, and witness protection among new Kosovo court’s biggest challenges
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
- 12 August 2015
- Russia Puts Screws on Small Farmers, Belarus Tries to Cope With Ukrainian Migrants
Plus, WWF releases 50,000 baby Danube sturgeons in effort to save the endangered fish, and Serbia and Kosovo recognize each other’s car insurance schemes.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 21 July 2015
- Eastern EU Countries Agree to Host Refugees, Shock at Maria Gaidar’s Ukraine Move
- Plus, Belarus bars jailed politician from presidential run and mystery deepens around five Czechs kidnapped in Lebanon.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
- 10 July 2015
- A Black Eye for Croatia and Romania, Poland Legislators Debate IVF
Plus, a Serbian war-crimes suspect is extradited to Croatia and a Russian court date is set for Ukrainian filmmaker’s trial.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, and Clare Speak
- 19 June 2015
- Kyrgyz Friend of Boston Bomber Jailed, Pope’s Climate Change Talk Angers Poles
Plus, Belarus blocks access to a lifestyle website, and fears grow about press freedom in Croatia after journalist’s dismissal.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
- 19 June 2015
- Belarus: A Nation of Parasites
- In the Soviet Union, anyone without an official job could be charged with ‘parasitism’ and punished. Now Belarus has revived the idea. From openDemocracy.
- By Ekaterina Loushnikova
- 5 June 2015
- Russian IS Recruit Stopped in Turkey, Chechnya Rights Group Attacked
Plus, Canada’s leader says Putin’s Russia should stay out of G-7 and Bosnia embraces the pope’s visit.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
- 3 June 2015
- EU Brokers Macedonian Political Deal, New MH17 Crash Evidence Revealed
Plus, work begins on Gazprom’s gas pipeline to China, and Lukashenka says Russia’s troubles are battering the Belarusian economy.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Barbara Frye, and Casper Frederiksen
- 21 May 2015
- Modest Hopes for Riga Summit, Outrage After Fatal Baku Fire
Plus, Ukraine might look to host missile-defense systems and Tajikistan and China sign an extradition treaty.
- By Brian Kenety, Evgeny Deulin, and Barbara Frye
- 12 May 2015
- Macedonia Charges 30 Over Weekend Attack, Posthumous Nemtsov Report Released
Plus, China loans billions to Belarus; Turkmenistan inks economic deals with Iran amid revived talk of a gas pipeline to Europe.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.