- 22 April 2014
- Reporters Accused of Spying in Ukraine, Azerbaijan
Plus, a Hitler-themed magazine raises eyebrows in Almaty, and a Russian social media magnate says the Kremlin backed his ouster.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Jeremy Druker, and Barbara Frye
- 17 April 2014
- Ukraine’s Oligarchs’ Loyalty Questioned, Russian TV Makes Inroads in Kyrgyzstan
Plus, Czechs greet their 10th anniversary in the EU with skepticism and supporters of political rivals brawl in Macedonia.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Jeremy Druker, Marketa Horazna, Annabel Lau, and Piers Lawson
- 15 April 2014
- Long-Distance Friendships
An ambivalent relationship among some NATO allies feeds a sense of insecurity in Central Europe.
- By Martin Ehl
- 10 April 2014
- EU Prods Kosovo on War Crimes Court, Kazakhstan Looks for New Oil Routes
- Plus, the U.S. and Poland target Hewlett-Packard in a graft probe and Belarus, Russia, and Kazakhstan prep to sign trade tready amid disagreements.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Marketa Horazna, and Annabel Lau
- 9 April 2014
- Vucic Invites Hungarians Into Serbian Government, Chechen Warlord 'Neutralized'
- Plus, the Czech Catholic Church tries to hold on to its restitution gains and Albanian police seize tons of cannabis.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Jeremy Druker, Barbara Frye, and Ky Krauthamer
- 7 April 2014
- Hungary’s Fidesz Gets a Landslide, Separatists Seize Buildings in Eastern Ukraine
Plus, Russia and Kyiv spar over a gas price hike and NATO will likely shore up forces in Poland.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, Annabel Lau, Piers Lawson, and Erin Murphy
- 1 April 2014
- Russia, U.S. Face Off Over Transdniester, Polish Disabled Activists in Parliament Protest
Plus, plans for a resort on a pristine Black Sea beach divide Bulgarian public opinion, and Abkhazia opens its doors to ethnic kin fleeing the Syrian crisis.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, Marketa Horazna, and Ky Krauthamer
- 27 March 2014
- Albania Arrests Suspected Jihadist Recruiters, Crimean Soccer Teams Switch Allegiance
Plus, a long-lost treasure returns to Hungary, and the long, strange life of Central European anti-Semitism.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Marketa Horazna, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 21 March 2014
- The Baltics Get A U.S. Guarantee, Poland Speeds up Missile Defense
Plus, Armenia aims to compile a list of 1915-1916 victims and Mongolian websites get a moral scrubbing.
- By Barbara Frye, Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, and Karlo Marinovic
- 18 March 2014
- EU’s East Eyes Cost of Russian Sanctions, German State Strengthens Polish Border
Plus, Bulgaria takes on foreign energy companies in a row over subsidies and Ukraine may join a new NATO-led brigade.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.