- 14 April 2014
- From Small Things
A Tajikistani couple work to keep the art of miniature painting alive in a country where it once flourished.
- By Jamila Sujud
- 28 March 2014
- Tymoshenko Announces Presidential Bid, Another Mass Grave Found in Bosnia
Plus, Slovakia and Hungary link up for alternatives to Russian gas and Tajikistanis face severe power cuts.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Sarah Fluck, and Karlo Marinovic
- 25 March 2014
- Ukrainian Nationalist Killed in Shootout, Leading Russian Banker Raises Sanctions Fears
Plus, Saakashvili will not go home to face questioning in Zhvania case, and Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan look to resolve border clash.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Marketa Horazna, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 13 March 2014
- Former Croatian PM Guilty of Corruption, Trafficking Up in Tajikistan
Plus, accusations that some highway funds have gone missing in Macedonia and Romania will try to bar entry for Jobbik’s leader.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Marketa Horazna, Annabel Lau, and Karlo Marinovic
- 26 February 2014
- Romanian Liberals Join the Opposition, Lithuania Mulls Gazprom Price Cut
Plus, an editor is fined for insulting intellectuals and Croatia eyes its picturesque coast as a site for drilling rigs.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Ky Krauthamer, Karlo Marinovic, and Lily Sieradzki
- 10 February 2014
- Croatia to Tax the Church, Protests Oust Kosovo Academic
Plus, a Russian nationalist faces charges for a gay-abuse video and Tajikistan’s clerics preach anti-gay sermons.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Barbara Frye, Aliona Kachkan, and Karlo Marinovic
- 24 January 2014
- Hands That Make History
An outpost in northern Tajikistan keeps alive the country’s tradition of exquisite woodwork.
- By Muhaiyo Nozimova
- 23 January 2014
- Yanukovych Opponents Ramp Up Rhetoric, Kazakhstani Police Appeal Torture Verdict
Plus, Romania arrests a suspected celebrity hacker and Tajikistan imposes a dress code on imams.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Aliona Kachkan, and Aleksandra Zivkovic
- 20 January 2014
- Tensions Linger After Violence on Kyrgyzstan-Tajikistan Border
Longstanding disagreements over borders and territory are leading to more serious clashes. From IWPR.
- By Timur Toktonaliev, Lola Olimova, and Nazarali Pirnazarov
- 14 January 2014
- U.S. Journalist Barred from Russia, Troops Clash on Kyrgyz-Tajik Border
Plus, a high-profile defection weakens Bulgaria’s ruling Socialists and a Minsk musical celebrates Hugo Chavez.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.