- 30 September 2015
- Lawyer of Banned Tajik Islamic Party Held
- Buzurgmehr Yorov is representing party leaders accused of complicity in deadly attacks on a defense ministry complex.
- 28 September 2015
- Tajikistan to Criminalize 'Witchcraft'
After targeting beards and lavish parties, President Rahmon seeks harsher punishment for witch-doctors, fortune-tellers.
- 15 September 2015
- Post-Soviet Leaders Gather in Tense Tajikistan
- Ten-day manhunt fails to locate accused ‘coup’ leader Nazarzoda.
- 7 September 2015
- Moldovans Demand Change
Plus, U.S. stealth fighters visit NATO allies and Croatia’s foreign minister sets sights on top UN job.
- 1 September 2015
- Ismayilova, Fierce Critic of Aliev Regime, Jailed
- Plus, Tajikistan bans Islamist party and a blacklisted Russian singer is given permission for EU entry on medical grounds.
- 26 August 2015
- Tajikistan Steps Up Fight Against Black-Clad Women
Dushanbe’s war on the wrong clothes looks set to step up a gear as the authorities resolve to crack down on anything they perceive as dangerous, radical Islam. From EurasiaNet.org.
- 17 August 2015
- Tajikistan: Anxious Times on the Afghan Border
Dushanbe watches increased Taliban activity near its borders with rising concern. From EurasiaNet.org.
- 6 August 2015
- Ukraine Warns of ‘Last Chance’ for Debt Compromise, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan Send Troops to Border
- Plus, three accused in brutal attack on Croatian investigative journalist and France and Russia scupper the Mistral warship deal.
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 4 August 2015
- Kosovo Lawmakers Approve War Crimes Court, Ukrainian Exiles Seek Ouster of Kyiv Government
Plus, Russian shoppers get a welcome break from high food prices, and archeologists map the site of the demolished Great Synagogue of Vilnius.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 21 July 2015
- Eastern EU Countries Agree to Host Refugees, Shock at Maria Gaidar’s Ukraine Move
- Plus, Belarus bars jailed politician from presidential run and mystery deepens around five Czechs kidnapped in Lebanon.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.