- 1 September 2015
- Ismayilova, Fierce Critic of Aliev Regime, Jailed
- Plus, Tajikistan bans Islamist party and a blacklisted Russian singer is given permission for EU entry on medical grounds.
- 26 August 2015
- Tajikistan Steps Up Fight Against Black-Clad Women
Dushanbe’s war on the wrong clothes looks set to step up a gear as the authorities resolve to crack down on anything they perceive as dangerous, radical Islam. From EurasiaNet.org.
- 17 August 2015
- Tajikistan: Anxious Times on the Afghan Border
Dushanbe watches increased Taliban activity near its borders with rising concern. From EurasiaNet.org.
- 6 August 2015
- Ukraine Warns of ‘Last Chance’ for Debt Compromise, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan Send Troops to Border
- Plus, three accused in brutal attack on Croatian investigative journalist and France and Russia scupper the Mistral warship deal.
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 4 August 2015
- Kosovo Lawmakers Approve War Crimes Court, Ukrainian Exiles Seek Ouster of Kyiv Government
Plus, Russian shoppers get a welcome break from high food prices, and archeologists map the site of the demolished Great Synagogue of Vilnius.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 21 July 2015
- Eastern EU Countries Agree to Host Refugees, Shock at Maria Gaidar’s Ukraine Move
- Plus, Belarus bars jailed politician from presidential run and mystery deepens around five Czechs kidnapped in Lebanon.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
- 3 July 2015
- Moscow Blasts Draft MH17 Report, UN Asks Hungary to Rethink Tighter Asylum Proposals
Plus, a self-described IS militant uses social media to denounce his native Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan fumes over a separatist’s invitation to London.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 22 June 2015
- Kremlin Aide Warns U.S. Against Arms Deployment, Slovak Schools Slammed Over Roma Policies
Plus, Tajikistan moves to silence renegade special forces commander, and the UN blasts Hungary’s anti-immigrant billboards.
- By Timothy Spence
- 16 June 2015
- Ukraine Peace Talks Resume, Macedonia Frees Captive Migrants
Plus, four Tajikistani border guards released after months as Taliban hostages, and Kazakhstan nears the finish of a WTO membership marathon.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
- 5 June 2015
- Graft Threatens Health Grants in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan
An audit by a major donor uncovers evidence of theft, imperiling programs for AIDS and tuberculosis. From EurasiaNet.org.
- By Chris Rickleton
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.