- 10 August 2015
- Croatia, Kosovo Refuse Joint War Holiday With Serbia, Vilnius Says Moscow Planned Crimea Grab in 2013
Plus, Russian state media whistleblowers allege a Kremlin-directed propaganda campaign, and a journalist dies after being attacked in Azerbaijan.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu and Evgeny Deulin
- 3 August 2015
- Slovaks Say ‘Nie’ to Asylum Camp, Tatars Want Crimea Returned to Ukraine
- Plus, commemorations held for Roma killed during the Holocaust, and summer holidays trump Macedonia’s reconciliation talks.
- By Timothy Spence
- 22 July 2015
- Bosnian Leaders in Goodwill Trip to Belgrade, Moscow Warns Sweden to Stay Out of NATO
Plus, Russia’s muckraking Novaya Gazeta faces official sanction and Kazakhstani experts say a common gas is behind a bizarre sleeping sickness.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 9 July 2015
- Russia Votes No on Calling Srebrenica Genocide, Billboards Mock Hungary’s Anti-Migrant Drive
Plus, Georgia bills Russia for 2006-2007 expulsions, and a libel case furthers Kazakhstan’s media crackdown.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Jeremy Druker
- 8 July 2015
- Kremlin Opposes MH17 Tribunal, EU Membership Hopes Grow in Balkans
Plus, Russian police raid an election monitor’s offices, and Czech prisons are full again after amnesty.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu, Jeremy Druker, and Barbara Frye
- 3 July 2015
- Moscow Blasts Draft MH17 Report, UN Asks Hungary to Rethink Tighter Asylum Proposals
Plus, a self-described IS militant uses social media to denounce his native Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan fumes over a separatist’s invitation to London.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 1 July 2015
- Siemens Reportedly Skirts Sanctions on Crimea, Kremlin Slates UN Srebrenica Resolution
Plus, EU to help ‘frontline’ Hungary with migrant influx, and energy challenges lie ahead for Kazakhstan.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 16 June 2015
- Ukraine Peace Talks Resume, Macedonia Frees Captive Migrants
Plus, four Tajikistani border guards released after months as Taliban hostages, and Kazakhstan nears the finish of a WTO membership marathon.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
- 12 June 2015
- Resignations Pile Up in Polish Government, Russian Reporter Faces Threat
Plus, sickly oil economies drag down the region and Czech protesters try to stop mining expansion.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
- 11 June 2015
- French Hacking Trail Leads to Russia, Baku Blocks Amnesty Presentation
Plus, a Bosnian Serb who fought for the Muslims is arrested in Switzerland and Kazakhstan uses snow as its Olympic trump card.
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Casper Frederiksen
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.