- 19 December 2014
- EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea, Might Drop Them for Yanukovych Cabal
Plus, Poland raises veto threat on UK immigration curbs, and the ruble’s tumble falls hard on Russia’s neighbors.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Will Sandeman
- 17 December 2014
- Ukraine Peace Talks May Resume; Kosovo Serbs Demand Review of Property Deals
Plus, archeologists fume as Russian gold miner resumes work at ancient site in Georgia, and Armenia will launch a probation service in hopes of trimming prison population.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Will Sandeman
- 12 December 2014
- Armenian Human Rights Defenders Predict Harsher Environment
Civic groups are bracing for the fallout from the country’s entry into the Eurasian Economic Union in January. From IWPR.
- By Arevik Sahakyan
- 8 December 2014
- Merkel Condemns Kremlin’s Actions, Rights Groups Decry Jailing of Azerbaijani Journalist
Plus, a cross honoring Serbs in Sarajevo is toppled, and a Czech telecom firm pulls an ad that poked at Poles.
- By Timothy Spence
- 4 December 2014
- Putin Promises Economic Reforms, Coal Shortage Threatens to Chill Ukraine
Plus, Lukashenka lashes out at a Russian food ban and South Caucasus rivals wage a proxy war over the region’s favorite bread.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Klein Aleardi, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.