- 22 January 2015
- New Cracks in EU Front on Russia, Think Tank Warns of IS Push in Central Asia
Plus, tough talk from Moscow on gas for Europe, and prosecutors want Seselj back in The Hague.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Will Sandeman
- 21 January 2015
- Lavrov Calls for New Ukraine Cease-Fire, Russians Offered Free Land in Far East
Plus, governments scramble to defend currencies against the skyrocketing Swiss franc, and Armenia takes a fresh look at EU integration.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Will Sandeman
- 19 January 2015
- No New Cease-Fire for Ukraine, Mass Killing in Armenia Prompts a Call from Putin
Plus, jihadists reportedly expand their recruitment drive in Kyrgyzstan, and rights groups protest the jailing of a Macedonian journalist.
- By Timothy Spence
- 16 January 2015
- Shameful Economic Secrets Exposed!
Conflict and sanctions reveal the squishy underbelly of the region’s economies.
- By Barbara Frye
- 13 January 2015
- Ukrainian Soldier in Russian Prison Continues Hunger Strike, Russian Soldier Held in Armenian Mass Killing
Plus, Ukraine’s fugitive former president ends up on Interpol’s list, and the Czech crown is this year’s laggard.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Will Sandeman
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.