- 24 July 2014
- Russia Shrugs off Sanctions, Czech Government Falters Over Gas Tax
Plus, tensions rise still further in Nagorno-Karabakh and bad weather traps hundreds of climbers in Kyrgyzstan.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Mane Grigoryan and Madeleine Stern
- 16 July 2014
- Death Toll at 23 in Moscow Metro Disaster, Serbian Unions Plan General Strike
Plus, Armenians claim capture of Azerbaijani ‘commandos,’ and Romania rejiggers its tax structure to boost the economy.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Mane Grigoryan
- 15 July 2014
- Moscow Calling?
As Georgia touts its ‘perfect balance’ between Russia and the EU, a small but active pro-Kremlin cohort is making itself heard in Tbilisi.
- By Maia Edilashvili
- 14 July 2014
- Russia Declares Ukrainian Refugee Emergency, Serbia’s Thwarted Finance Minister Quits
Plus, Russia could open the gates to low-cost carriers and Georgian border guards make a record-breaking drug bust.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Mane Grigoryan, and Madeleine Stern
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.