- 30 September 2014
- Nine Ex-Ministers Charged in Romanian Graft Probe, Jailed Azerbaijani Activist Honored
Plus, Balkan states target absurdly high roaming charges, and Russia moves forward on a giant Crimea bridge project.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Klein Aleardi
- 24 September 2014
- Moscow Tightens Media Noose, Skopje Dump Expose Elicits Legal Threats
Plus, Russia will bolster its navy over ‘NATO expansion’ and Georgia denies offering to host a camp for Syrian rebels.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Jack Nicholson, and Anders Ryehauge
- 23 September 2014
- Industry Group Probes Azerbaijani Crackdown, Romania’s Premier Survives Parliament Vote
Plus, thugs keep a Crimean Tatar scholar from a UN conference and winter gas supplies become the subject of talks.
- By Timothy Spence
- 22 September 2014
- Ukraine Economic News Is All Bad, IMF Holds Bosnia’s Fiscal Feet to the Fire
Plus, Ukraine, Poland, and Lithuania strengthen defense ties, and work starts on a key Russia-bypassing gas pipeline.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
- 19 September 2014
- Kyiv Gets Aid and Promises from Washington, Sikorski Gets the Boot
Plus, Bulgaria is accused of abusing Syrian asylum seekers, and Turkmenistani troops stake out turf in Afghanistan.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu and Anders Ryehauge
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.