- 1 August 2014
- Ukraine’s PM Wins the Day, Baku Charges Rights Activist With Treason
Plus, European court slaps Russia with another Yukos sanction, and Kosovo seeks an investigation of wartime rapes.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Barbara Frye
- 31 July 2014
- Tajikistan’s Opposition Feels the Heat Ahead of Elections
- Party leaders say the government has stepped up harassment and attacks leading into elections early next year. From IWPR.
- By Qayumarsi Ato
- 30 July 2014
- Atrocities Probe Points to Top Figures in Kosovo, Russia Sanctions Bite Major Energy Companies
Plus, Hungary’s leader embraces ‘illiberal democracy’ and Central Asian countries are again named religion bullies.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Piers Lawson, and Erin Murphy
- 29 July 2014
- Yatsenyuk Calls for ‘War Tax,’ Russia Puts Bite on McDonald’s
Plus, Central Asian neighbors seek to cool Ferghana Valley dispute and an Armenia court delivers a potentially devastating press freedom ruling.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Mane Grigoryan
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.