- 10 December 2013
- Ukrainian Presidents Discuss Political Crisis, Serbia Looks to Lift GMO Ban
Plus, a human rights court punishes Turkey for illegal deportations of Uzbeks, and the dual-screen YotaPhone proves a hit with Kremlin officials.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Karlo Marinovic, and Alexander Silady
- 9 December 2013
- Kazakhstani Company’s Retreat From London Raises Governance Questions
British allegations of serious fraud ‘wildly exaggerated,’ mining giant ENRC says after embarrassing pullout from the London Stock Exchange. From EurasiaNet.org.
- By Joanna Lillis
- 6 December 2013
- Brussels Raises Stakes in Gas Pipeline Game, Combative Kyrgyz Mayor Sacked
Plus, tension rises in Ukraine’s capital as protests continue into a third week and Russia launches an investigation into online child trafficking.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Karlo Marinovic, and Alexander Silady
- 29 November 2013
- EU Brass Aim Barbs at Kremlin, Romania Eyes Reins on Political NGOs
Plus, a long-jailed Uzbekistani editor wins a press freedom prize and Russia dismisses a Pussy Riot member’s prison complaint.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Karlo Marinovic, and Alexander Silady
- 28 November 2013
- Another Deadly Cotton Harvest in Uzbekistan, Serbia Flooded with Asylum-Seekers
Plus, a whistle-blower says VAT fraud costs Hungary billions each year, and Latvia’s prime minister resigns over supermarket disaster.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Alexander Silady, and Martha Tesema
© Transitions Online 2013. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.