- 1 September 2015
- Ismayilova, Fierce Critic of Aliev Regime, Jailed
- Plus, Tajikistan bans Islamist party and a blacklisted Russian singer is given permission for EU entry on medical grounds.
- 26 August 2015
- Tajikistan Steps Up Fight Against Black-Clad Women
Dushanbe’s war on the wrong clothes looks set to step up a gear as the authorities resolve to crack down on anything they perceive as dangerous, radical Islam. From EurasiaNet.org.
- 17 August 2015
- Tajikistan: Anxious Times on the Afghan Border
Dushanbe watches increased Taliban activity near its borders with rising concern. From EurasiaNet.org.
- 14 August 2015
- Baku Court Sentences Rights Advocates, Russian POW Asks Putin for Help
Plus, OSCE official presses Turkmenistan to free journalist, and report says Hungarian officials warn Jewish community over migration threats.
- By Timothy Spence
- 13 August 2015
- Russian Supermodel in Row Over Disabled Sister’s Ouster, Turkmenistan Bars Horse Expert From Leaving
- Plus, Belarus censors distance-learning packet sent to political prisoner, and witness protection among new Kosovo court’s biggest challenges
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
- 11 August 2015
- Russia, Lithuania Tussle Over Reporter’s Extradition, EU Finds Billions for Migrant Aid
- Plus, IMF call to tax the poor puts Albania in a dilemma, and a Bernini masterpiece resurfaces only to vanish from Slovakia.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.