Eastern Europe & Russia
- 13 January 2012
- Moldova's Presidential Predicament, Serbia Inches Closer to EU
Plus, Prague backpedals on asylum of Tymoshenko husband, and Tallinn mulls “free rides.”
- By S. Adam Cardais and Joshua Boissevain
- 12 January 2012
- Monkey Business in Slovakia, Romania’s Stray Dogs Escape Death Row
Plus, forced marriage of Balkan immigrants troubling Germany and Central Asia’s protesters-for-hire.
- By Jeremy Druker, Ioana Caloianu, Varvara Lokteva, and Joshua Boissevain
- 11 January 2012
- Russian Inflation Hits Modern Low, Bulgaria Warned NATO of Milosevic’s Designs on Kosovo
Plus, Slovenian media gang up in paywall scheme and a favorite Azeri novel will get the Hollywood treatment.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Joshua Boissevain, Varvara.Lokteva, and Kelly Klein
- 10 January 2012
- Belarus Blacklists Websites, Romania Looks to Privatize Health Care
Plus, a Kazakh journalist leaves jail, vowing to keep fighting, and Czech churches could finally recover property confiscated by communists.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Varvara Lokteva
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.