Eastern Europe & Russia
- 31 August 2012
- Small Plane, Big Pain for Minsk’s Military
- What does the notorious “teddy bear bombing” say about the state of Belarus’ security and border-control systems?
- By Katerina Barushka
- 30 August 2012
- Disposable Children
- One adoptive family’s case shines a light on a chilling national trend.
- By Galina Stolyarova
- 30 August 2012
- Suicide Killing in Dagestan and Shootout on Georgia Border Raise Tensions in North Caucasus
Plus, Ukrainian judges reject an appeal from Tymoshenko and Roma parents in the UK worry about losing their children.
- By Jeremy Druker, Ioana Caloianu, Joshua Boissevain, and Ernad Halilovic
- 29 August 2012
- Kyrgyz Crowd Assaults Belarusian Embassy, Ethnic Rift Rocks Macedonia’s Government
Plus, a Polish IT company looks for new business in Russia and the video game that could heighten tensions over Nagorno-Karabakh.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Joshua Boissevain, and Ernad Halilovic
- 28 August 2012
- Fires Ravage Balkans, Eight-Year Sentence for Russian Activist
Plus, Albania debates garbage imports and Bulgaria looks to diversify its energy supply.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Ernad Halilovic
- 27 August 2012
- Neo-Nazis March in Hungary, Belgrade Moves to Halt Kosovo Privatizations
Plus, a top fugitive from Kyrgyzstan surfaces in Minsk and Ukraine’s president looks to work the Russian angle ahead of elections.
- By Barbara Frye, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Ernad Halilovic
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.