Eastern Europe & Russia
- 29 September 2011
- Polish Votes May be Shifting, Bosnia Faces 100 Million Euro Deadline
Plus, the remembrance that helped poke a hole in the Iron Curtain and the roots of Medvedev's split with his spin doctor.
- By Barbara Frye and Ioana Caloianu
- 28 September 2011
- Belgrade Pride Parade Threatened, Lukashenka Faces Private Prosecution
Plus, Sergei Magnitsky’s mother calls for his death to be treated as murder and Tashkent orders doctors to pick cotton.
- By Ky Krauthamer
- 27 September 2011
- Poor Belarus, Bulgarian Crowds Uncover Vote-Buying
Plus, Bosnians threatened with loss of visa-free travel and Poles take to the streets of Vilnius.
- By Ky Krauthamer and Ioana Caloianu
- 26 September 2011
- Simmering Tensions Boil Over in Bulgaria, Former KGB Agent Tapped to be President of Russia
Plus, church and state head for a showdown in Moldova and an American will become a Bolshoi star.
- By Jeremy Druker, Ioana Calaianu, and Kaitlyn Meade
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.