Eastern Europe & Russia
- 9 August 2012
- Medvedev the Wartime Vacillator, and Underground Muslims
Plus, drought hits Romania’s farmers and gun ownership, legal and illegal, remains high in the Balkans.
- By Barbara Frye, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Ernad Halilovic
- 8 August 2012
- More Resignations at Serbian Central Bank, Russia Reveals Arctic Defense Plans
Plus, a bombing in Ingushetia fuels a dispute between Caucasus chiefs and a sex scene scotches a Bulgarian diplomat’s plum posting.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Joshua Boissevain
- 7 August 2012
- Mongolian Ex-President Convicted, Lebedev Crumples Under Police Pressure
Plus, tit for tat expulsions in Belarusian teddy-bear war and Sofia will lose a much-hated sculpture.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Josh Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu and Ernad Halilovic
- 6 August 2012
- Romania’s Impeachment Drama Continues, Russian Region Enlists Cossacks for Migration Control
Plus, Serbia makes moves on the central bank and Slovenia could be the EU’s next bailout candidate.
- By Barbara Frye, Josh Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu and Ernad Halilovic
- 3 August 2012
- Putin Praises Russian Olympic Judo Team, Uzbekistan to Ban Foreign Bases
Plus, Belgrade seeks a new IMF deal, and Bosnia to “out” tax evaders?
- By S. Adam Cardais and Sofia Lotto Persio
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.