Eastern Europe & Russia
- 5 October 2012
- IMF Urges Growth Agenda in Hungary, Belgrade Slammed Over Gay Parade Ban
Plus, Kazakhstan is the latest to ban Innocence of Muslims, and four are killed in a Dagestan firefight.
- By S. Adam Cardais and Ioana Caloianu
- 4 October 2012
- UNICEF Might Be Next to Leave Russia, Czech and Romanian Ministerial Heads Roll
Plus, another Azeri blogger sits in jail, and the FBI busts an alleged conspiracy to send restricted electronics to the Russian military.
- By Jeremy Druker, Ioana Caloianu, and Nino Tsintsadze
- 3 October 2012
- Ivanishvili Clarifies Stance on Saakashvili Resignation, Kyrgyz Mine Protest Turns Into Riot
Plus, Ukraine moves to criminalize the promotion of homosexuality and a Russian film studio receives a gift of rarely seen silent movies.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Andrew McIntyre, and Nino Tsintsadze
- 2 October 2012
- Georgian Opposition Scores Stunning Election Win
Plus, Facebook’s Zuckerberg hunts heads in Russia and Hungary moves to ban slot machines.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Nino Tsintsadze
- 1 October 2012
- Russian Church and State Link Hands, More Reports of an Azerbaijan-Israel Confab Against Iran
Plus, Tymoshenko urges Ukrainians to ditch “mafia” rulers, and a mock assassination attempt on the Czech president goes without a hitch.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Nino Tsintsadze
- 28 September 2012
- Duma Leader Snubs Council of Europe, Jailed Belarusian Activist Freed
- Plus, Innocence of Muslims protests in Eastern Europe, and Azeris jailed in Jewish school murder plot.
- By S. Adam Cardais and Joshua Boissevain
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.