Eastern Europe & Russia
- 30 September 2014
- Nine Ex-Ministers Charged in Romanian Graft Probe, Jailed Azerbaijani Activist Honored
Plus, Balkan states target absurdly high roaming charges, and Russia moves forward on a giant Crimea bridge project.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Klein Aleardi
- 29 September 2014
- A Prisoner Swap in Ukraine, Closing Arguments in Karadzic Trial
Plus, Obama reassures NATO allies but rejects Russia-NATO confrontation, and Bucharest defends its treatment of civil society.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Jack Nicholson, and Anders Ryehauge
- 26 September 2014
- Uzbekistan’s Political Prisoners in Spotlight, Russian Fighter Jets in North America
Plus, politicians in one of Bosnia’s divisions get a shellacking and Uzbekistan’s teachers head for the cotton fields.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Barbara Frye, and Anders Ryehauge
- 25 September 2014
- Turkmenistan’s 'Medieval' Prison Exposed, Ukraine Reporter Threatened
Plus, Belgrade's Gay Pride Parade may finally happen, and Uzbekistani activists and journalists get special passports.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Anders Ryehauge, and Klein Aleardi
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.