Support independent journalism in Central & Eastern Europe.
Donate to TOL!
The overall objective of this project is to build local capacity in Serbia to combat propaganda, disinformation and misinformation circulating in the public sphere. Donor: Transition Promotion Program of the Czech Foreign Ministry
Overall Objective: To strengthen the ability of student and professional journalists to timely identify and efficiently fight fakes and disinformation campaigns, thus improving access of Serbian citizens to quality information and indentify propaganda, disinformation and misinformation circulating in the public sphere.
Partner: Novi Sad School of Journalism (NSSJ)
1. To provide journalism educators with the background knowledge to understand the motivations and methods behind the spread of propaganda, disinformation, and misinformation.
2. To provide journalists with skills and tools to debunk misinformation, disinformation and propaganda
3. To further the long-term integration of such teaching methods into journalism curricula through outreach to faculty and creation of Serbian-language resources that may be used by students and professors
- Training of trainers (workshop/study visit) in Prague to transfer skills and tools on dealing with propaganda, misinformation and disinformation
- Training of trainers (online course) to deliver an upper-level or graduate class on using social sources in reporting. Students will also work on case studies of specific incidences of disinformation that have appeared across the Czech media landscape and use the various tools that they have learned to debunk false information
- Training workshop for students in Novi Sad for a two-day workshop will be modelled on the above Czech workshop. The sessions will be delivered by the trained educators, who will focus on case studies of specific Serbian examples of propaganda, disinformation and misinformation. The methods of recognising such information will be explored together with showing the best methods of exposing it.
- Online course for students to task them with finding a specific category of false or deliberately misleading news content using different verification means as well as demonstrating how such content can be effectively debunked
- Application of acquired skills to exercise how to best present their findings through textual, audio and visual forms (photo, video, visualised data) and how to disseminate such content widely
- Learning resource creation and promotion to facilitate the inclusion of high quality training on information verification by education and training entities
- Curriculum creation and promotion to reflect the experiences and resources collected during the project as well as Serbian specifics related to the subject filed.
Help Hicham Mansouri via our crowdfunding initiative! @hichamansouri spent months in a Moroccan prison. #AmnestyInternational calls him Prisoner of thought. Please donate or spread the word!
The Moldovan Diaries is a multimedia, interactive examination of the country's ethnic, religious, social and political identities by Paolo Paterlini and Cesare De Giglio.
This innovative approach to story telling gives voice to ordinary people and takes the reader on the virtual trip across Moldovan rural and urban landscapes.
It is a unique and intimate map of the nation.