Support independent journalism in Central & Eastern Europe.
Donate to TOL!
The overall goal of the project is to equip Ukrainian investigative journalists with new digital skills to meet the challenge of producing stories to further government transparency and accountability. Donor: National Endowment for Democracy
Partner: Regional Press Development Institute (UA)
The specific objectives are:
1. To empower a group of young, Ukrainian journalists by providing investigative, research, and data journalism/visualization training to help them produce stories that further government transparency and accountability.
2. To provide the target group with knowledge and practical skills to protect their digital content from security risks and cyber attacks; identify possible threats and avoid them; and keep personal accounts and devices secure.
3. To provide practical support to Ukrainian investigative agencies and media groups in the development of their investigative projects by training staff in advanced programming skills, providing continuous mentorship, and offering small awards for successfully implemented projects.
The core activities are:
1. The presentation of two workshop modules and six webinars for beginners to develop skills critical to Ukrainian investigative journalism (data journalism and visualization, cyber security and content protection, etc.)
2. The presentation of two hands-on workshop modules and a mentoring program for the more advanced staff of selected investigative reporting agencies, with a focus on mastering computer programming tools in pursuit of special data projects.
The provision of mentoring from the TOL editorial team toward the production of articles and other TOL content published on the TOL website about Ukraine governmental reform, corruption, and other transitional topics.
For more information about TOL's other current projects, please click here.
Help Hicham Mansouri via our crowdfunding initiative! @hichamansouri spent months in a Moroccan prison. #AmnestyInternational calls him Prisoner of thought. Please donate or spread the word!
The Moldovan Diaries is a multimedia, interactive examination of the country's ethnic, religious, social and political identities by Paolo Paterlini and Cesare De Giglio.
This innovative approach to story telling gives voice to ordinary people and takes the reader on the virtual trip across Moldovan rural and urban landscapes.
It is a unique and intimate map of the nation.