Project Assistant Traineeship in NGO
Duration: 3-12 months (negotiable)
We are looking for a highly motivated Intern to join our project management team.
The tasks to be performed mainly include support in:
- Writing new grant applications -budgeting and background research;
- Cash-flow monitoring and planning for ongoing projects;
- Collecting, verifying, and sorting data and supporting documents required by donors/auditors;
- Editing narrative reports by non-native project managers from our coverage region;
- Drafting grant interim and final financial reports according to donors requirements;
- Researching potential new donors; and
- Exploring new methods of fundraising (including crowdfunding).
- Strong interest in an independent press, democratic transition, and human rights;
- Ability to work under limited supervision and take initiative under tight deadlines;
- Ability to run short-term, self-directed projects;
- Educational background in finance, international relations, European studies, or other related fields;
- High proficiency of oral and written English;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Experience drafting reports/projects and fundraising.
- Working knowledge of Czech language;
- An interest/experience in the Eastern European region;
- Experience with administration.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours: as an intern you can organize your working hours to your convenience;
- International team: we have a dynamic, central office team based in Prague with partners all over Europe; we have different nationalities, ages, and backgrounds but we all have a common interest: Independent Media and a Democratic Society!
- We will provide you with full A to Z introduction to project cycle management.
- You will gain invaluable experience with different donors and their varying requirements - including the European Commission, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Endowment for Democracy, and many others;
- While no remuneration will be provided, the trainee will receive our full administrative support for obtaining a traineeship grant from Erasmus + or other sources;
- At the end of the internship we will provide all interns with a certificate as recognition of their contribution to the NGO;
- We do not guarantee you a position after completing your internship but succesful trainees will be highly encouraged to apply for eventual open vacancies in the department.
- This traineeship is unpaid. All costs related to travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- The trainees are responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- The traineeship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with Transitions. However, the trainees can use their supervisors and colleagues as references when applying for jobs.
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and brief motivation letter (no longer than one page) outlining why you are interested in joining our team to email@example.com.
- Include in the subject line the vacancy title as above.