- 19 September 2014
- Kyiv Gets Aid and Promises from Washington, Sikorski Gets the Boot
Plus, Bulgaria is accused of abusing Syrian asylum seekers, and Turkmenistani troops stake out turf in Afghanistan.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu and Anders Ryehauge
- 18 September 2014
- Putin’s Black Hole
The formula for saving any dictatorship is universal: create an enemy, start a war. From the Guardian.
- By Mikhail Shishkin
- 16 September 2014
- Assault Spotlights Gay Rights in Serbia, Tajikistan Releases Jailed Scholar
- Plus, a Slovenian journalist faces prison for publishing ‘state secrets,’ and Lithuania looks east for new export markets.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Jack Nicholson, and Anders Ryehauge
- 15 September 2014
- Crimea: Phony Voting in a Phony Republic
This weekend’s illegitimate elections won’t bring in new faces or change any minds.
- By Halya Coynash
- 12 September 2014
- EU, U.S. Launch New Russia Sanctions, Anti-Graft Agency Proposed in Ukraine
Plus, Georgia’s prime minister slams an anti-Muslim ‘provocation’ and investors’ claims burden Kyrgyzstan.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu and Anders Ryehauge
- 11 September 2014
- Estonia Hires Pussy Riot Lawyers for Abducted Agent; OSCE Blasts Uzbekistan Law on Bloggers
Plus, Gazprom reportedly cuts exports to Poland, and two Bosnian ministers are nabbed in a tax raid.
- By Timothy Spence
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.