- 27 August 2015
- Russia: Scenes From a Trial
Oleg Sentsov and Alexander Kolchenko stand convicted of terrorism in Russia. Their supporters say the trial of the Ukrainian patriots was a farce.
- By Tatiana Kozak
- 13 August 2015
- Russian Supermodel in Row Over Disabled Sister’s Ouster, Turkmenistan Bars Horse Expert From Leaving
- Plus, Belarus censors distance-learning packet sent to political prisoner, and witness protection among new Kosovo court’s biggest challenges
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
- 23 July 2015
- Azerbaijan Journalist Says Wife Held Hostage to Make him Return
- Cloak-and-dagger meetings in a border town as police try to force journalist to come back. From IWPR.
- By Afgan Mukhtarli
- 22 July 2015
- Bosnian Leaders in Goodwill Trip to Belgrade, Moscow Warns Sweden to Stay Out of NATO
Plus, Russia’s muckraking Novaya Gazeta faces official sanction and Kazakhstani experts say a common gas is behind a bizarre sleeping sickness.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 20 July 2015
- Vucic Presses Bosnian Serbs on Referendum, Vilnius Removes Soviet-Era Statues
Plus, Macedonian parties call for strengthening independent institutions, and the head of a Russian news agency says his social media sites are blocked.
- By Timothy Spence
- 30 June 2015
- Migrants Riot at Hungarian Camp, Albanian Police-Murder Suspects Arrested
Plus, an OSCE mission reportedly comes under fire in Ukraine, and Azerbaijan opens a naval base on the Caspian Sea.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 26 June 2015
- IS Plants a Flag in North Caucasus, No Serbian Trial for Ex-Bosniak Commander
Plus, Kosovo hits allegedly Iran-linked groups, and Hungary’s tobacco-trade reform raises competition concerns.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 15 June 2015
- Quickie Russian Citizenship in Transdniester
The consulate in the breakaway region of Moldova is reportedly creating lots of new citizens, who might need to be protected one day.
- By Halya Coynash
- 9 June 2015
- A Brief History of Anti-Americanism in Modern Russia
Or how contemporary Russians came to see the United States as Enemy No. 1. From Carnegie.ru.
- By Denis Volkov
- 8 June 2015
- G-7 Sanctions ex-G-8 Partner, Pope Preaches Peace in Sarajevo
Plus, Baku tells the OSCE to start packing, and the author of the Prague Spring manifesto dies at 88.
- By Timothy Spence
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.