- 9 April 2013
- Russian Journalist Disabled in Attack Dies, Montenegrin President Reelected
- Plus, Kyrgyzstan mulls chemical castration for pedophiles and Georgian lawmakers propose a massive review of court verdicts.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Vladimir Matan
- 2 April 2013
- Kyrgyzstan Jails Opposition Leaders, Romania May Stop Drug Exports
Plus, cautious hopes ahead of the latest Serbia-Kosovo summit and an unusual plan to send ethnic Azeris into Armenian territory.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Ky Krauthamer, and Joshua Boissevain
- 26 March 2013
- Russia Steps Up Checks on NGOs, Belarus Jails Notorious Security Chief
Plus, Macedonia’s ruling party claims victory in local elections and Ukraine recovers from a massive snowstorm.
- By Joshua Boissevain, Ky Krauthamer, and Connor Zickgraf
- 25 March 2013
- Albania’s Press, Under Pressure
The country has a plethora of media, but they’re plagued by financial woes, self-censorship, and manipulation. From Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso.
- By Marjola Rukaj
- 19 March 2013
- The Two Worlds of Viktor Yanukovych’s Ukraine
There’s the world of Ukraine's TV news, then there’s the real one. From openDemocracy.
- By Sergii Leshchenko
© Transitions Online 2013. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.