- 27 July 2015
- Russia Set to Veto MH17 Resolution, Orban Lashes Out at Refugees, European Left
- Plus, a detained Azerbaijani journalist appears in court, and Serbia vows to keep Kosovo out of UNESCO.
- By Timothy Spence
- 24 July 2015
- Czech Pol Jailed in Corruption Case, Lugansk Rebels Claim to Find U.S. Weapons Cache
Plus, Moldova’s whistleblowing education chief is tipped for prime minister, and Kosovo arrests a high-ranking judge.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 23 July 2015
- Azerbaijan Journalist Says Wife Held Hostage to Make him Return
- Cloak-and-dagger meetings in a border town as police try to force journalist to come back. From IWPR.
- By Afgan Mukhtarli
- 22 July 2015
- Bosnian Leaders in Goodwill Trip to Belgrade, Moscow Warns Sweden to Stay Out of NATO
Plus, Russia’s muckraking Novaya Gazeta faces official sanction and Kazakhstani experts say a common gas is behind a bizarre sleeping sickness.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 21 July 2015
- Eastern EU Countries Agree to Host Refugees, Shock at Maria Gaidar’s Ukraine Move
- Plus, Belarus bars jailed politician from presidential run and mystery deepens around five Czechs kidnapped in Lebanon.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, and Evgeny Deulin
- 21 July 2015
- Poroshenko Takes His Message to the People
With his own TV station in decline, Ukraine’s president looks for a way around the oligarchs who now dominate domestic television.
- By Sergiy Rachinsky
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.