- 20 May 2013
- Russia Shocked by Orphanage Violence, Gay Rights Ralliers Beaten Back in Georgia, Russia
Plus, new polls spell trouble for Poland’s center-right government, and a long-delayed dam hangs over a Georgian village.
- By Barbara Frye, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Vladimir Matan
- 17 May 2013
- Moldova's Pesticide Time Bomb
Two decades after the Soviet Union’s collapse, the country is still struggling with thousands of tons of chemicals, some leaking and unguarded.
- By Dmitri Romanovski
- 16 May 2013
- Cossacks Go Green, Romanian Priests Spread Regime’s Good News
- Plus, Armenians will feel the Russian gas pinch and Moldova has a new prime minister, maybe.
- By Erik N. Nelson, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Connor Zickgraf
- 9 May 2013
- Croatia, Slovenia Star in New Corruption Report, Kerry to Russian opposition: We Hear You
Plus, the Holocaust in Bulgaria was a two-way street and energy firms give up on fracking in Poland.
- By Erik N. Nelson, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Vladimir Matan
- 12 April 2013
- Dacic’s Half-Successful Moscow Trip, Filat Returns as Moldovan Premier
Plus, Russia pushes natural gas fuel for cars and feminist actors face off against the patriarchal Kyrgyz establishment.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Vladimir Matan
© Transitions Online 2016. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.