Economy & Business
- 28 May 2013
- Gazprom Snaps Up Kyrgyz Energy Supplier, Azerbaijan Slated for Arrests of Government Critics
Plus, Ljubljana and Budapest plan further austerity measures and China plans a high-tech city in Belarus.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Ky Krauthamer, Vladimir Matan, and Molly Jane Zuckerman
- 27 May 2013
- Tajiks, Kyrgyz Grapple With Frontier Issues
The enclaves and loopy borders of the Fergana Valley continue to breed conflict. From IWPR.
- By Altyna Myrzabekova and Nargis Hamrabaeva
- 23 May 2013
- Brezhnev First in Hearts of Ex-Countrymen, Macedonia ‘Hides’ Hate Crimes
- Plus, Ukraine’s prime minister threatens to bar journalists from meetings, and Baltic fracking won't be so cheap.
- By Erik N. Nelson, Ioana Caloianu, and Vladimir Matan
- 21 May 2013
- What is Normal?
The 2008 crisis forced the foreign managers of companies to rethink much of what they had assumed about the post-communist region.
- By Martin Ehl
© Transitions Online 2013. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.