Economy & Business
- 21 September 2012
- Yoko Ono to Honor Pussy Riot, Bishkek Calls Russian Partnership Crucial
- Plus, West Nile kills five in the Balkans, and a rights group says Russia flouts international law with pre-Olympics evictions.
- By S. Adam Cardais and Nino Tsintsadze
- 20 September 2012
- Ukraine Set to Criminalize Libel, Serbs Might Get to Choose: Kosovo or the EU
Plus, Polish prisoners help preserve the country’s Jewish heritage and Belarusian students are forced to vote.
- By Jeremy Druker, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Nino Tsintsadze
- 19 September 2012
- From A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away?
Is the Hungarian prime minister the product of a time warp, or is he just warped?
- By Balint Szlanko
- 18 September 2012
- Support for Belarus Election Boycott Builds, EU and Macedonia in Reform Talks
Plus, Russia launches $5 billion bank sale, and Kyrgyz anti-corruption official's son is arrested for corruption.
- By S. Adam Cardais and Ioana Caloianu
- 17 September 2012
- Russia Hands Moldova an Ultimatum, Bucharest Targets Gold Mine Project
Plus, a Budapest theater cancels an anti-Semitic play and Macedonia persists with a controversial compensation bill for soldiers.
- By Barbara Frye, Joshua Boissevain, Ioana Caloianu, and Nino Tsintsadze
- 13 September 2012
- Orban Downplays Role in Azerbaijan Case while Medvedev Says Free Pussy Riot
Plus, a witness describes gruesome organ harvesting in the Balkans and gas starts to flow between Uzbekistan and China.
- By Jeremy Druker, Ioana Caloianu, and Nino Tsintsadze
© Transitions Online 2016. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.