Economy & Business
- 25 August 2015
- State Business
The economic development of post-communist states is being hijacked by short-term political interests.
- By Martin Ehl
- 12 August 2015
- Russia Puts Screws on Small Farmers, Belarus Tries to Cope With Ukrainian Migrants
Plus, WWF releases 50,000 baby Danube sturgeons in effort to save the endangered fish, and Serbia and Kosovo recognize each other’s car insurance schemes.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 10 August 2015
- Croatia, Kosovo Refuse Joint War Holiday With Serbia, Vilnius Says Moscow Planned Crimea Grab in 2013
Plus, Russian state media whistleblowers allege a Kremlin-directed propaganda campaign, and a journalist dies after being attacked in Azerbaijan.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu and Evgeny Deulin
- 7 August 2015
- Macedonian Police Raid ISIS Suspects, Analyst Warns of Russian Advance in Ukraine
Plus, Croatia condemns flag-burning in Belgrade, Czechs to toughen up gambling laws.
- By Clare Speak, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 6 August 2015
- Ukraine Warns of ‘Last Chance’ for Debt Compromise, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan Send Troops to Border
- Plus, three accused in brutal attack on Croatian investigative journalist and France and Russia scupper the Mistral warship deal.
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 6 August 2015
- Baku Keeps a Wary Eye on Tehran
- For Azerbaijan, Iran’s coming re-entry into the world community brings both opportunities and challenges.
- By Aleksandra Jarosiewicz
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.