Economy & Business
- 31 July 2015
- Amnesty Slams Hungarian Asylum Law, Ukraine Issues ‘White List’ of Supporters
- Plus, the U.S. beefs up sanctions against Russia and thousands take to the streets to protest Bosnia’s draft labor law.
- By Brian Kenety, Ioana Caloianu, Evgeny Deulin, and Thomas Chan Tsz Chun
- 29 July 2015
- Balkan Migrants Face Tougher Lives in Germany, Moscow Bans Major U.S. Foundation
- Plus, Kyrgyzstan’s go-slow policy on cleaning up nuclear waste, and if you think it’s scorching hot where you are in Europe, you’re not alone.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 29 July 2015
- Asking for Shock Therapy
- The Ukrainian government is caught between a warm embrace of neoliberal dogma and geopolitical suicide. From openDemocracy.
- By Sean Guillory
- 28 July 2015
- Azov Battalion Leader’s Death Raises Questions, New Moldovan Premier Named
Plus, violence racks Macedonia’s biggest Albanian party and Poland tilts farther into the no-euro camp.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
- 24 July 2015
- Czech Pol Jailed in Corruption Case, Lugansk Rebels Claim to Find U.S. Weapons Cache
Plus, Moldova’s whistleblowing education chief is tipped for prime minister, and Kosovo arrests a high-ranking judge.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Thomas Chan Tsz Chun, and Evgeny Deulin
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.