Economy & Business
- 29 August 2014
- FBI Probes Russia-Based Bank Hack, Balkan Leaders Seek Investment in Berlin
Plus, Turkmenistan inks a major gas deal, and rights advocates are alarmed over the plight of an imprisoned Uzbekistani film producer.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
- 28 August 2014
- Ukraine on the Brink Amid Growing Reports of Russian Involvement
Plus, booming Poland plans to boost public spending while recession-hit Croatia scrambles to find more budget cuts.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Barbara Frye, and Ioana Caloianu
- 26 August 2014
- Playing the Big Family Card
- The latest in Central Europe’s attempts to boost the birth rate don’t go far enough, but they’re better than nothing.
- By Martin Ehl
- 25 August 2014
- Lithuanian Envoy Killed in Ukraine, Abkhazia Elects a Hawk
- Plus, Kosovo could be headed for yet another election,and Bosnia keeps its fingers crossed for a big oil find.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
- 22 August 2014
- Landslide Blocks Main Trans-Caucasus Road, CIS Boosts Food Exports to Russia
Plus, Armenia in offer to house refugee Yazidis and Lithuania signs a landmark gas deal.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Barbara Frye, and Anders Ryehauge
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.