Economy & Business
- 25 September 2014
- Turkmenistan’s 'Medieval' Prison Exposed, Ukraine Reporter Threatened
Plus, Belgrade's Gay Pride Parade may finally happen, and Uzbekistani activists and journalists get special passports.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Anders Ryehauge, and Klein Aleardi
- 24 September 2014
- Moscow Tightens Media Noose, Skopje Dump Expose Elicits Legal Threats
Plus, Russia will bolster its navy over ‘NATO expansion’ and Georgia denies offering to host a camp for Syrian rebels.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Jack Nicholson, and Anders Ryehauge
- 23 September 2014
- Industry Group Probes Azerbaijani Crackdown, Romania’s Premier Survives Parliament Vote
Plus, thugs keep a Crimean Tatar scholar from a UN conference and winter gas supplies become the subject of talks.
- By Timothy Spence
- 22 September 2014
- Ukraine Economic News Is All Bad, IMF Holds Bosnia’s Fiscal Feet to the Fire
Plus, Ukraine, Poland, and Lithuania strengthen defense ties, and work starts on a key Russia-bypassing gas pipeline.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.