Economy & Business
- 7 March 2014
- Eastern Capitals Eye Crimea Nervously, Russia Eyes More Citizens
Plus, Kosovo towns try to cut nepotism in the schools and a Hague court hears the Serbia-Croatia genocide case.
- By Barbara Frye, Piers Lawson, Sarah Fluck, Annabel Lau, and Karlo Marinovic
- 6 March 2014
- Russia, Ukraine Skirmish in Cyber Space, Czechs Score Huge Heroin Bust
Plus, Kosovo to get its own army and a human rights report provokes an anti-gay backlash in Kyrgyzstan.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Ioana Caloianu, and Sarah Fluck
- 5 March 2014
- Russia Plans Permanent Link to Crimea, Armenia on Threshold of Customs Union
Plus, a Russian historian loses his job for criticizing military action in Crimea, and the Czech post office stops selling cigarettes.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Sarah Fluck, Anna Kotlabova, Lily Sieradzki, and Karlo Marinovic
- 4 March 2014
- Central Europe Scrutinizes Russian Trade Ties, Taliban Denies Turkmenistan Border Attack
Plus, former allies of Kosovo’s leader turn opponents, and Kremlin gadfly Kasparov becomes an EU citizen.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 3 March 2014
- Crimea Incursion Triggers Diplomatic Flurry, Hungary Seeing Historic Exodus
Plus, a Montenegrin journalist gets a police guard and an air base in Kyrgyzstan sends off its last NATO refueling mission.
- By Barbara Frye, Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Annabel Lau, and Lily Sieradzki
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.