Conflict & Diplomacy
- 17 October 2014
- Putin Threatens Gas Shutoff, Meets EU, Ukrainian Leaders
Plus, gay Russians say persecution is forcing them to flee, and a Christian symbol angers Srebrenica survivors.
- By Piers Lawson, Ioana Caloianu, Ky Krauthamer, and Anders Ryehauge
- 16 October 2014
- Putin Warns of Revived Nazism, Kosovo Boy Freed from Syrian Jihadists
Plus, Serbian and Albanian leaders trade accusations over Belgrade soccer fiasco, and Kyrgyzstan loses another legal battle to a Western mining company.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Klein Aleardi, and Ioana Caloianu
- 15 October 2014
- Serbia-Albania Soccer Game Ends in Chaos, Russia and Abkhazia Mull Closer Ties
Plus, Washington offers to mediate row between Croatia and Hungary’s biggest energy company, and refugees at a notorious camp in Montenegro scuffle over access to housing and aid.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Jack Nicholson, and Anders Ryehauge
- 14 October 2014
- Russian Hackers Attack NATO, Lithuania Girds for Unconventional War
Plus, China deals could give Russia some sanctions relief, and electrofishing sparks a corruption probe in Albania.
- By Barbara Frye, Klein Aleardi, Ioana Caloianu, and Anders Ryehauge
- 13 October 2014
- Another Romp for Hungary’s Fidesz; Isolated Armenia Signs Free-Trade Treaty
Plus, nationalists lead in Bosnia’s elections and a Polish think tank warns about Ukraine’s winter energy supplies.
- By Timothy Spence and Jack Nicholson
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.