Arts & Culture
- 21 January 2015
- For Tajik Film, Nowhere to Go but Up
Modest investments into Tajikistan’s devastated film industry are starting to reap dividends both domestically and abroad.
- By Jamila Sujud
- 19 January 2015
- No New Cease-Fire for Ukraine, Mass Killing in Armenia Prompts a Call from Putin
Plus, jihadists reportedly expand their recruitment drive in Kyrgyzstan, and rights groups protest the jailing of a Macedonian journalist.
- By Timothy Spence
- 6 January 2015
- EU Bosnia Plan Goes Awry, Greenaway’s Eisenstein Biopic Denounced by Russian Film Agency
Plus, Belarus eases foreign currency restrictions and a key Milosevic witness may sue the Hague tribunal.
- By Ky Krauthamer, Ioana Caloianu, Anders Ryehauge, and Will Sandeman
- 11 December 2014
- Coming Home to Rus'
A new book sheds light on the historical origins of the deadly farce playing out in the Donbas.
- By Violeta Davoliute
- 8 December 2014
- Forgotten Art
A new project encourages a second look at the Czech Republic’s late-communist public artworks.
- By Frank Garrett
- 18 November 2014
- Ukraine’s Sleeping Beauty
Kharkiv seemed to go to sleep in the 1970s and has yet to awaken. When it finally does, what will it become?
- By Viktoria Grivina
© Transitions Online 2015. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.