Arts & Culture
- 14 April 2014
- From Small Things
A Tajikistani couple work to keep the art of miniature painting alive in a country where it once flourished.
- By Jamila Sujud
- 27 March 2014
- Albania Arrests Suspected Jihadist Recruiters, Crimean Soccer Teams Switch Allegiance
Plus, a long-lost treasure returns to Hungary, and the long, strange life of Central European anti-Semitism.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Marketa Horazna, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 14 March 2014
- Art from Uzbekistan’s Mixing Bowl
The people of the Baysun mountain gorge have woven disparate strands into a cultural tapestry like no other.
- By Dengiz Uralov
- 11 March 2014
- Hitches Hit Giant Kashagan Oil Project, Serbian Doctors Strike Over Wage Cuts
Plus, uncertainty mounts over the OSCE’s role in Crimea’s independence vote, and Slovakia’s conservatives try to head off populist Fico’s presidential run.
- By Ioana Caloianu, Sarah Fluck, Ky Krauthamer, and Karlo Marinovic
- 28 February 2014
- Mass Layoffs at Albanian State News Agency, Macedonian Heritage Official Accused of Plunder
Plus, Moldova inches closer to visa-free travel, and a wanted ex-Georgian official walks free in France.
- By S. Adam Cardais, Sarah Fluck, and Karlo Marinovic
© Transitions Online 2014. All rights reserved. ISSN 1214-1615
Published by Transitions o.s., Baranova 33, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic.